Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year, BUT...



I hate New Years... I mean I don't hate the new year, just the evening of the 31st of December.  I always have, even as a kid.

Okay I have to admit, I am a very 'unfestive person' in general.  I avoid most celebrations, birthdays, xmas, heritage day, anniversaries.  Seriously, I just don't get it.  Me and Ants don't do presents, not for anniversaries or bdays or xmas, but when I walk into the gadget store and I see that thing that I know he will love, then I get it, regardless of the date.  That is why I love my dogs, I mean I am sure if they could they would email/sms/phone me EVERY day, not caring about the time of year.  They love me EVERY day.   I want friends on those days that I feel really happy or really crap, who cares when I decided to pop out of a womb all bloody and screaming (Sorry that is a bit graphic), but you get the idea.  It's the same thing with New Years, *NEWS FLASH* ladies and gents, tomorrow morning the sun is going to come up same as it did this morning, and Monday morning we all have to be back in the office.  So why in Zeus's name do the idiots down the street feel the need to light up a ton of fireworks on THIS night every year (amazingly enough managing to keep all their limbs in tact and NOT on fire, despite the severe drunkness).  Of course my first complaint on the whole fireworks issue, are the dogs.  My own dogs, having a terrible New Years EVERY SINGLE year, all the strays that I have picked up and dropped off at rescue centres and all the bodies that can be seen driving around on 1 January... damn sorry, I am getting very dark...  To get back to my rant (yes, yes, I know I am ranting, refer to previous posts... you don't like, don't read it)...  Not only does it have this effect on my dogs, but I HATE fireworks.  It is loud, as in VERY loud, I don't do loud.  It gets me so beyond irritably that it might, I say MIGHT have ended in me plotting some serious revenge plans including diesel on manicured lawns and personal adds with phone numbers (not belonging to me ofc), you know the normal things.  I have never seen the 'ooh pretty lights' thing that others do, maybe I need some of their drugs too?  I just DO NOT GET IT...

Anyhow, so here we are tonight, me and Ants and all five our dogs and all four our cats, in front of our respective pc's (that would be me and Ants, I have not been quite able to teach my dogs Windows XP), chilling, doing our thing.  Because we know, tomorrow might have a different numerical assignment than today, but that doesn't change anything...  Chaos is frozen in his version of the fetal position and I know he won't move until tomorrow when the fireworks finally subsides.  Quake is lying as close to Anthony as he can without molecular fusion, he will freak out and display symptoms of severe seperation anxiety every now and again.  Delta is lying whining under my feet and he too, will not stop until the insanity has passed... him he is whining... what if he was wining... would that solve the problem... it might.  Evil, evil me!  Volt and Echo could actually not have a care in the world, they are just chilling... the kittens, well they are doing the normal 'we have to pretend to be cool with his guys, but actually we are completely freaked' act.

Thats fine, I will allow them their insecurities for tonight... 


I will end off on a lighter note... as I have mentioned before Loki, my three-legged cat, adores Volt, I mean it borders on a combination of sever obsessive compulsive behaviour, stalking and addiction.  He has also taken it upon himself to completely sabotage Volt's training, as soon as that clicker comes out, Loki is there, to swish his tail in Volt's face, pounce on him and distract him in various other creative ways.  And I swear this friggin cat can read, as soon as I typed his name he started being vocal, jumping on my pc table, getting tangled up in cables and generally being a nuisance.  Which ofc is encouraging Volt to try and jump up on the table, being vocal, getting tangled up in cables and in general being a SUPER cute nuisance.  Anyhow, today Loki used Volt's new favourite toy (the empty box mentioned in previous post) as the ultimate distraction.  Haha, just as a note, the box is from the new exercise gadget which was purchased in order to get me more in shape for Agility...  anyhow...


Arg, okay the videos are taking FOREVER to upload, so will post that tomorrow!

Have a good one all!

No comments:

Post a Comment